Gertrude Castellow Ford was a native of Cuthbert Georgia and relocated to Mississippi when she married Aaron L. Ford. She was the daughter of Bryant and Ethel Castellow. Mr. Castellow was a US congressman, educator, and an attorney. Mrs.Castellow published the Agnes Scott Alumnae quarterly. She was born in 1913 and lived to be 83 and passed away in 1996.
She had a deep passion for the Arts this is shown through her ability to play the flute, violin, and piano. She also loved poetry, fine literature, and Shakespeare. She was a published author and Playwright. She spoke four languages fluently: French, Latin, Spanish, and English. She was raised in the tradition of philanthropy, this began more than 150 years ago with a donation to the Andrew Female College Building Fund located in Georgia.
She was preceded in death by her husband Aaron Lane Ford who was an attorney and a US congressman. Upon her passing in 1996 The Gertrude C. Ford Foundation began in 1998 with three directors Mr. Leon E Lewis, Mrs. Cheryle M. Sims and Mr. Anthony T. Papa. Mr. and Mrs. Ford are laid to rest in Cuthbert Georgia at Rosedale Cemetery.